Maruti Suzuki has finally launched the new gen Swift with Chennai showroom starting price of Rs 4.99 lakh in 2018 Delhi Auto Expo. This model already in sale in Japan. The new Swift is built on a light and rigid new-generation HEARTECT platform which was already used in Baleno and New gen Dzire.
From the front side, new hexagonal shaped front grille, new head lamps, new fog lamp room and the rear side, new tail lights are brings an entirely new look for this model. Side body lines also slightly changed. The second row door handles are placed in the wind Shield. Interior seems to be completely transferred with new dash board and new steering wheel.
Mechanically, this model remains the same 1.2-litre, K-Series petrol and 1.3-litre, DDiS, diesel engine in India. The petrol engine delivers the power of 84.3 bhp (6000 rpm) and torque of 115Nm (4000 rpm) and the diesel engine delivers the power of 75 bhp (4000 rpm) and torque of 190Nm (2000 rpm). Both these models are available with 5 speed manual and AMT transmission options. This new gen Swift will compete agains the same rivals like Hyundai Grand i10, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo and Ford Figo.
Variant Wise Chennai Showroom Price Details:
- NEW SWIFT LXI - Rs 4.99 lakh
- NEW SWIFT VXI - RS 5.87 lakh
- NEW SWIFT VXI AGS - Rs 6.35 lakh
- NEW SWIFT ZXI - Rs 6.49 lakh
- NEW SWIFT ZXI AGS - Rs 6.96 lakh
- NEW SWIFT ZXI+ - Rs 7.29 lakh
- NEW SWIFT LDI - Rs 5.99 lakh
- NEW SWIFT VDI - Rs 6.87 lakh
- NEW SWIFT VDI AGS - Rs 7.34 lakh
- NEW SWIFT ZDI - Rs 7.49 lakh
- NEW SWIFT ZDI AGS - Rs 7.96 lakh
- NEW SWIFT ZDI+ - Rs 8.29 lakh